FirParkCorner Fc 4 Livi 1

Last updated : 15 October 2006 By Fraz

The pace of the home side's strike force was causing the Livi defence all sorts of problems and they were lucky to be helped with three close offside calls in the first ten minutes. However, it was only ever a matter of time before the flag stayed down and Joe Lynas did what he does best and slotted the ball into the corner of the net after outpacing the backline.

FPC continued to have the better of the possession but were pegged back by an equaliser against the run of play, typically from a corner. A striker found himself with a free header at the back post to give Graeme Farmer no chance.

The home side soon had the chance to regain the lead when Davie Tonner was caught in the face with a boot inside the penalty area. The referee wasted no time in pointing to the spot but Anderson's effort was poor and easily held by the goalkeeper.

Tonner, who had previously gone close with a couple of headers, made it third time lucky when he nodded past the goalkeeper to send the Corner in 2-1 up at the interval. It could have so easily have been three, when the same man perfectly executed a fine overhead kick, only to see the ball wonderfully cleared off the line by a defender with the goalkeeper beaten.

Fraser introduced Gerard Maguire to the action in the second half in an attempt to spark some life into the forward line and put the game beyond the visitors but it was Livi who had the first real chance after the break. The ball struck the outstretched arm of Ross Cunningham and the second penalty of the match was awarded. However, the second was just as poor as the first and Graeme Farmer was on hand to make the save.

This was to prove to be the last time Farmer would be tested, as FPC grabbed a third goal. Two substitutes, Maguire and Darryn Alexander linked up well to leave Alexander with an easy finish to put the game beyond doubt.

The scoring was completed late on and Maguire was again the provider. He pinged a ball through for Lynas to round the 'keeper and run the ball home from a tight angle.

It was an important victory for FPC and the appearance of three trialists late in the match shows that competition for places is fiercer than ever. Next week's friendly in Stirling will hopefully give the manager a better opportunity to give them more of a run out and have them established in the side for the remainder of the competitive campaign.

Team: Farmer; Cunningham, Hepworth, Ramage; Speedie, D.Hendry, O'Neill, Galloway, Anderson; Tonner, Lynas