The most depressing fact about the last game was that
Our team has been steadily improving over the past few weeks but we almost went back to square one on Saturday. Some of the players simply aren't good enough and I think Maurice has to wake up and smell the coffee. If we want to be in a relegation dogfight we are going exactly the right way about it. I know we have bad injuries and our hands have been somewhat tied when it comes to selection but I think the management has to consider the following:
· Callum Elliot is raw, untested and not good enough to play in the SPL.
· David Clarkson is not a striker, he works hard and plays for the jersey, I would play him on the wing.
· Steven McGarry works hard (sometimes) but again is not good enough for the SPL.
· Paul Quinn cannot pass the ball, sort it out or ship him out.
· When Skippy does not play Ritchie Foran has to play up front. Since you got rid of Jim Hamilton and did not replace him they are the only two players who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.
· Act quickly and sign Alan McCormack.
· Tell us what is happening with the Murphy situation.
We need a result on Saturday to get out season back on track as we cannot afford the gap to get any bigger with the teams above us in the league. We have a decent run of games coming up which we can pick up points in – but our performances need to improve and we desperately need Skippy back from injury.
Hibs are a good footballing team but are also prone to mistakes. We need to get in to them from the first whistle, not give them anytime on the ball and if needs be kick them up in the air from time to time. Lasley and Kerr have to get back to dominating midfield and Foran must must must play up front.
Mike's team for Hibs (I would make changes):
GK G Smith
RB P Quinn
LB M Reynolds
RM D Clarkson
CM B Kerr
CM K Lasley
F R Foran
F A Coakley (unless Skippy is fit)