'Well Take a Hard Earned Point in Paisley.

Last updated : 20 February 2007 By Firparkcorner

We lined up with just the one change from Saturday's winning team. Ross McCormack made it into the starting line up for the first time since August.

Second half kick off

We were happy to get back to the dressing room for the half time cuppa with the game still goalless. Chris Smith in the home goal hardly had a save to make worthy of the name though he was able to raise his eyes skyward to see McDonald's long range effort pass over the bar still rising inside the first five minutes.

After that our attacking presence was limited to a few runs up the right wing from Darren Smith but his crossing foot was not working very well and the threat petered out time and again. Meanwhile, Graeme Smith was kept busy. Saints had several spells when the ball was loose in our box but to the credit of our defence most of the efforts were snuffed out. They came close from their first corner and we were glad to see the ball squeeze past the post when a mini stramash formed at the far post.

Kean looked like a certainty to score just before the break. He had a clear sight of the target from about eleven yards but blasted it high into the jeering Motherwell fans behind the goal.

There was no evidence of an inspirational team talk after the restart. St Mirren continued to press and came close when a Corrigan clearance on the penalty spot thundered into Sutton and caused Smith to watch anxiously as it ran by the post.

We showed no lack of industry and kept pushing forward when the opportunity arose but there was always a misplaced pass or a poor cross at the end of the move.

We had a real scare just as the fourth official announced four additional minutes when a looping cross to the back post left Smith for dead. O'Donnell's header into the side netting had the home fans on their feet.

The referee brought some relief when he blew the final whistle. Few gained pass marks in the claret and amber but Craigan and Reynolds held us together.