FPC Prediction League 2012/13 is open
Updated Sunday, 22nd July 2012
With the new season comes the 15th running of the FirParkCorner Prediction League. Everyone is welcome.
For the first time the PL will open with a game in the Champions League - let's hope it's not the last!
There were 43 games in the prediction league last season and Welltoon topped the pile with 165 points. Jwok and MFC29 chased the winner all the way and everyone who took part contributed to the fun competition. If the FPC coffers are not empty there will be prizes for the winners!
Previous winners include....
2008/9 Handsome Devil
2007/8 Eddie Steelman
2006/7 Zehn Farkarten
2005/6 Wallace MFC
2001/2 Phil Swainston
2000/1 Dave Wardrope
1999/2000 Alan Mason
1998/9 Kenny Whyte
The prediction league has its own forum where threads will be opened for every game and all players have to do is post their prediction (full rules below).
A table will be published after every game. Any questions about the league should be posted on the board and I'll get back to you the same way.
1. In order to predict you need to predict the score for the forthcoming game and list the scorers.
2. Predictions must be made in the official thread on the Prediction Leage section of the messageboard and be timestamped before the advertised kick off time.
3. You can predict on behalf of someone else as long as you clearly state the moniker of the person you are predicting for.
4. Only one prediction per moniker, in the event of two predictions being made by the same player the one that is posted second will be used as I assume it is a correction to the first prediction.
5. You will receive three points for predicting the correct winning team.
6. You will receive two points for each team which you correctly predict the number of goals they score.
7. You will receive one point for each goalscorer you name.
8. The goalscorers you predict must correlate with the score you predict (ie if you predict Motherwell to win 2-0 you name two 'Well scorers and no opposition scorers)
9. The competition will run for all league and cup games involving Motherwell this season. In cup games the prediction should be made based on 90 minutes. Extra time and penalties will not be considered.
10. In the event you are going on holiday or whatever and there is no thread open you can post your prediction on the Prediction League section of the message board by opening a new thread which will be copied into the official thread when it is opened.
11. The competition is free to enter and there will be modest prizes for first, second and third place.
12. In the event of a tie, the person who has predicted the most winning teams will win. If this is still level then the person who has correctly predicted the Motherwell score most often will win. If it is still level then the person who has predicted the opposition score most often will win. If you are still level then the person who has predicted most often will win. If you are still level after that it is a dead heat.
13. The competition can be moderated by anyone. If you spot an error or possible error in the table please point it out by posting on this board. I am only human and I make mistakes. I would rather you tell me and we can correct it than leave it.
14. You don't have to register apart from being a member of the footymad community to enter.
The tables from previous seasons are here.
|20 Jul 2012|
|Motherwell face Panathinaikos in Champions League|
|18 Jul 2012|
|'Well fans anticipate the Champions League draw|
|16 Jul 2012|
|Next up - Raith Rovers|
|14 Jul 2012|
|Motherwell get a lesson in finishing in Ayr|
|13 Jul 2012|
|Time to pay for the right decision|
|12 Jul 2012|
|Next up - Ayr United|
|11 Jul 2012|
|Jennings goes on trial at Coventry|