Another defeat in Glasgow

As expected Lasley returned for the one game between his two game suspension and Daley made way.  To his credit McCall sent the team out in 4-4-2 shape with Higdon and Ojamaa staying upfield.  The pair were used more for short term relief than as strikers as the game settled into the usual pattern at Parkhead.

Despite a fairly even initial spell the home team soon dominated and our defence had a busy time. Samaras and Mulgrew had a couple of good attempts but a combination of blocks, good goalkeeping and a bit of luck kept our goal intact. 

Ojamaa proved to be our best outlet and when given a chance he harried Wilson with some success.  At least we were able to move into enemy territory.   After 35 minutes we earned a free kick 25 yards from goal!  Hateley's delivery from the right was over hit but we retained possession and put together a string of passes.  We were fortunate to escape following the inevitable breakaway.

Hutchison was booked for a necessary foul on Ledley and as the break drew near Hateley joined him in the referee's book.   By the time the whistle blew Forster had not had to deal with any shot on target.

By ten minutes into the second period Lennon elected to replace Wanyama with Stokes and before we had time to adjust to the change Celtic scored.  A throw in on our left side found Samaras and he chested to Hooper who shot low into the net from a tight angle.  Our counter was to bring on Humphrey and give Murphy a chance of the early shower.

The game opened up a bit as we pushed up the park.  Ojamaa was correctly booked for a dive following an attempt to squirm beyond a couple of defenders.  With ten minutes remaining we forced Forster to make his first save of the match when Ojamaa tried a shot low at the near post.  He was substituted and Daley was thrown on.

A 1-0 loss was not the worst result that Motherwell have suffered in the east end of Glasgow in recent times, probably more painful was the four bookings.  Not only will Lasley miss next week's trip to Dunfermline but both Hutchinson and Clancy will miss the visit of Aberdeen in mid March.