Higdon treble sends 'Well to the top

Last updated : 02 September 2012 By Firparkcorner

August's heavy schedule took its toll and there were five changes from the eleven who started in Spain on Thursday.  We had a very young back line on duty (Kerr, Cummins, Page and Francis-Angol) but they came through the test against the big Inverness offense with flying colours -  although they will be quick to point out Randolph's excellent contribution.


Welcome back Richie

The visitors started brightly and Draper gave Randolph an early chance to show his form but we took control n the game with a quick double.  In the tenth minute Hateley whipped in a low curling corner from the East Stand side and Esson's fumble at his near post resulted in a goal.  The one hundred ICT fans in the South Stand had the best view and they were to witness another strike a minute later.  A long diagonal ball released Humphrey on the right wing and, leaving the left back in his wake, he cut along the dead ball line to supply Higdon with an easy finish. 

Foran halved the lead before the half hour with a well placed header and he should have levelled the score just before the break but Randolph won the one on one duel.

Lasley came close with a delicious lob that shaved the junction of post and bar before Kerr set up Higdon.  The striker collected the ball on his chest and fired feom the corner of the six yard box bur he found the side net.

There was a very strong penalty shout on the hour when Kerr won the race into the box before hitting the turf after what seemed an illegal challenge.   Referee O'Reilly took plenty of abuse from the crowd for his indecision.

Higdonx3Happy Birthday to you......

Raven's poor attempt at putting out a long ball let Higdon run in on goal with only the 'keeper to beat.  Our man made no mistake and the score was 3-1.  Two minutes later Inverness had a penalty by Shinnie's effort was saved thanks to an excellent save from Randolph. 

Ojamaa came on for the last fifteen minutes and he made the best of Lasley's pass to the left wing.  He jinked in and out before cutting the ball back to Higdon for a volley that thundered into the postage stamp corner.

It was a terrific performance from a team thay had lots of youth and plenty of experience in the shape of Lasley and Higdon.  The striker was named our man of the match (no surprise) and carried the ball off at the end of the game.

A well timed international break has arrived and he players can patch up the aches and pains that have built up in the last few weeks before we take the road and miles to Dundee in a fortnight.

Join the debate on the messageboard.